Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What I thought about Fire Emblem Awakening


WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING


        Fire Emblem Awakening is a strategy RPG game that was released here in the states back in February for the Nintendo 3DS. It is the latest entry in the long running Fire Emblem series that traces all the way back to the days of the NES. 

       The Fire Emblem series , in general , is kinda like the Nobunaga's Ambition in the style of grid by grid/turn by turn RPG game. 

         The first thing that I noticed about this game that I like was the memorable cast of characters. For example, a knight named Kellam was known for being the guy that nobody even noticed was there. Another character was the taguel (a hybrid Half Human/ Half Rabbit race of creatures) Yarne. He was worried about going extinct since he was the last of his kind (used to be his mother, Panne) and that his father (which could be any character. In my playthrough, My avatar character was his father) was cheating on his mother. In my shoes, I couldn't help and say that this touched my heart since I'd really wouldn't want to hurt him. 
  
         The next thing I noticed about the game that I liked was the Hubba Tester. He had some witty dialogue when you can see the bond between two selected characters for the fun of it. I ran across a few really funny ones and I thought they were GOLDEN.

          The VA Cut Scenes in the game were just AWESOME. Now that was something that cut scenes would be the idea thing for in Nintendo games. Yeah, I know Super Mario Sunshine didn't need it, but this and the Professor Layton games delivered that animated voice acted cut scenes be good in Nintendo games.

          Finally, I really liked the story. It was good all the way through and I highly recommend playing the game. Even if you are new to Fire Emblem, This game will teach you the ropes about how to play the game. 
I'm not going to spoil anything plot wise about the game, but I highly recommend picking a copy up. You can either buy a retail copy of it at a local store like GameStop or a digital copy which you can purchase for the same price on the 3DS' eShop.

Thank you all for reading,

DaAuraWolf 

No comments:

Post a Comment