Thursday, June 27, 2013

Advice on Drawing

As some of you know, I like to draw. I draw ever time I have the urge to draw something that I think would be a good idea to draw. Those things range from comics to characters from video games to other stuff like that.

Now some of you might also like to draw. But, some probably think that they are not that good enough to draw. That's plain crazy to me. I mean, you ain't going to be somebody like Da Vinci all of a sudden. It's going to take some time before you get good at it.

In my case, It took me a little bit of almost like 5 to 6 years to get good at it. Even though I started drawing when I was a little kid, It didn't become something like a pastime to me. I started on doing like a hobby back in 2008 and , honestly , I wasn't as good as I thought. It took sometime for me to actually practice at it before I got to the peak of where I think that it's great.

In all, Here's some of my advice on how to be the best artist you can be.


  1. Don't Give Up - just get on trying at it, and you'll get better.
  2. Use a Pencil not a Pen - this is because you can erase any mistakes that you might have made.
  3. Colored Pencils look way better than Crayons - it just makes your art look prettier
  4. Try to take Art classes - these will teach you skills that you can use when drawing.
  5. Express your self in it - don't just copy or trace it, Make it unique and how'll you'd draw it
  6. Get Constructive Criticism - Don't take all criticism since some are just to make you made. Listen to the criticism that will point out and explain on what you need to improve on.
That's all that I have to say on that. Below is a picture that I've drawn here recently. It is a portrait of Panne from Fire Emblem Awakening.



Thank you all for reading,

DaAuraWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment